The Sacramento Cat Hospital is looking for experienced RVTs, veterinary technicians, and assistants to join our busy cats-only veterinary clinic.
The Sacramento Cat Hospital, an individually-owned practice in operation for more than 42 years, is committed to providing personalized, progressive, and innovative feline veterinary care. We're dedicated to offering modern technology with old-fashioned care and take great pride in forming long-term relationships with our clients, including multigenerational families and their felines. Our mission is to take excellent care of our patients while giving back to our community in substantial ways by helping underprivileged felines via our benevolent fund.
The right candidate for our clinic will enjoy working in a fast-paced, close-knit, family-feel environment with co-workers who support each other and foster a team atmosphere.
Team members attend continuing education seminars (individually as well as with other team members) to continually learn and improve their skills. All team members gain experience in every aspect of our practice, including technician appointments, critical nursing care, surgery, and client education. We offer our patients in-house digital radiology, dental radiology, and ultrasound. Additional equipment and specialists are at our disposal, allowing us to provide comprehensive, specialized care for any health issue that arises.
* Working knowledge of current veterinary practices
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience in dealing with customers, vendors, and service providers
* Proficiency with computers and email
* Flexibility, accountability, and integrity
* RVT job applicants must have active California state license
* Drug testing required
Patient Care Responsibilities Include:
* Restraining patients
* Preparing for and assisting doctors/technicians in surgery
* Placing catheters
* Drawing blood
* Assisting doctors and technicians with radiographs
* Administering and monitoring anesthesia
* Assisting veterinarian with euthanasia when needed
* Collecting samples for testing and performing laboratory tests
* Medicating, vaccinating, and treating cats as prescribed by veterinarian
* Using and maintaining medical equipment
* Obtaining and recording patient history and taking weight/temperature during intake exam
* Performing data entry to update patient records
* Cleaning and maintaining work and feline boarding areas
Client Care Responsibilities Include:
* Maintaining a culture of teamwork, superior customer service, and commitment to the well-being of all cats who enter the clinic
* Communicate clearly, cooperatively, professionally, and respectfully
* Answering phones
* Scheduling appointments
* Discharging patients
* Answering general client questions
* Providing education and counseling to clients
Compensation and Benefits:
* Compensation based on job position, education, and experience
* Continuing education opportunities
* Opportunities for advancement
* Benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and eye insurance; paid vacation and holidays; retirement plan; pet health care; daily bonus
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact us at (916) 488-4161.
Copyright © 2019 Sacramento Cat Hospital. All Rights Reserved.